The beginning of Spring is always filled with such happiness and joy. Wildflowers bloom, birds chirp louder and more often, and avocado season arrives. All of these factors combined with longer daylight hours have a real effect on my mood; producing a bit more bounce in my step and a perma-smile on my face. And as with the turn of every season, I crave new wardrobe staples.
1. Classic shirt staples in rugged materials like leather and suede.
2. Long, drapey skirts in a breezy material.
3. Daytime leopard print dresses.
4. Shorts in fun, unique prints. I love jean shorts as much as the next girl, but it’s time to step up my shorts game.
5. A signature hat to wear with all of the above. Technically a hat is an accessory, but the perfect everyday hat is so much more.
1. Raw cut stone rings, perhaps in pyrite for an edgy effect to the sparkly mineral.
2. Various textured belts.
3. A structured satchel in a not-so-neutral color that will still pair well with everything.
4. Mixed material woven bracelets in either a skinny, stackable variety or a large cuff. With bracelets, the most important thing to me is that they don’t produce a distracting clank or irritate my arm by sliding up and down with my sometimes boisterous talking.
5. The perfect neutral wedge or platform.
I recently read an article that quoted one of Coco Chanel’s most famous fashion tips…”When accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on.” Now I would never suggest that my fashion expertise is anywhere near the likes of fashion icons like Coco, but I believe that exhausted cliche statements, such as these, may be open for interpretation.
Now I am assuming that most who read this little fashion tip would think “less is more”, but I always say More is More! Layer, layer, layer! Especially when it comes to accessorizing, layers give depth, they give meaning, and they create mystery. On this beautifully windy afternoon, I braved the winding trails of the Goleta Butterfly Preserve, in my comfy forest green sweater tights, layered with an ultra long olive tank top, and light draping green blouse on top. Because my outfit was relatively simple, plain neutral earth tones, I relied on my accessories to make the look stand out.
The Circle Scarf has to be one of my all time favorite inventions, modern, chic… and might I add extremely fun to play with on a windy afternoon atop the Goleta Bluffs, overlooking and endless forest of fluttering Monarchs. It gave me that extra little bit of warmth, without taking away from my summer day boho ensemble. Now, that scarf was “the last thing I put on”,but I didn’t take it off, and I didn’t stop there. I added a high-waisted belt, several Boho Bangles, and a beige and beautifully beaded Wrap Band. And I wore them all.
My Accessories always give me that little something extra, even the smallest accessories can dress up the most casual of outfits. That little some thing extra, those little extra pieces you add onto your outfit as you walk out the door, become the defining qualities of your mood and your style. So don’t take off that extra scarf you added, put on another necklace, maybe a ring….Why not?
The sun was setting, just as we finished our walk through the Butterfly forest. We got distracted by this amazingly bright green patch of clovers, and stopped to soak in the beauty of another classic SB sunset, dressed and accessorized for the perfect occasion.
To Be Bohemian is to be enlightened, to understand your surroundings in a new and exciting way! To Express yourself through fashion and art and passion for life! Express your individuality http://bbombs.com
Be emotional. Be understanding. Be creative. Be passionate. Be unique. Be surprising. Be loving. Be unconventional. Be eccentric. Be compassionate. Be open. Be ready. Be bizarre. Be original. Be curious. Be weird. Be unusual. Be brave. Be grateful. Be proactive. Be amazing. Be selfless. Be kind. Be radical. Be uncommon. Be adventurous. Be extreme. Be nonconforming. Be free. Be artistic. Be different. Be real. Be offbeat. Be an US instead of a THEM. Be YOU