More Daylight, New Clothes: My Spring Wish List
The beginning of Spring is always filled with such happiness and joy. Wildflowers bloom, birds chirp louder and more often, and avocado season arrives. All of these factors combined with longer daylight hours have a real effect on my mood; producing a bit more bounce in my step and a perma-smile on my face. And as with the turn of every season, I crave new wardrobe staples.
1. Classic shirt staples in rugged materials like leather and suede.
2. Long, drapey skirts in a breezy material.
3. Daytime leopard print dresses.
4. Shorts in fun, unique prints. I love jean shorts as much as the next girl, but it’s time to step up my shorts game.
5. A signature hat to wear with all of the above. Technically a hat is an accessory, but the perfect everyday hat is so much more.
1. Raw cut stone rings, perhaps in pyrite for an edgy effect to the sparkly mineral.
2. Various textured belts.
3. A structured satchel in a not-so-neutral color that will still pair well with everything.
4. Mixed material woven bracelets in either a skinny, stackable variety or a large cuff. With bracelets, the most important thing to me is that they don’t produce a distracting clank or irritate my arm by sliding up and down with my sometimes boisterous talking.
5. The perfect neutral wedge or platform.